Saturday, April 25, 2009

Nailed a couple of picks


I had to take a breath. Blogging a thought on each of the first 10 picks was a bit exhausting. Here are some quick hits on picks 11-15:

Buffalo selected Penn State DE Aaron Maybin. Fills a need for the Bills who need toimprove their pass rush.

Denver took Georgia RB Knowshon Moreno. The Broncos have been doing the running back by committee thing ever since Clinton Portis left town, so perhaps Moreno will be the guy they have been looking for since.

Washington grabbed Texas DE Brian Orakpo. A terrific selection for the Redskins, I thought that he would go in the first 10 picks, so this is great value for Washington. One of my fav five players in this draft.

New Orleans selected CB Malcolm Jenkins. Yea!, I finally nailed another pick. A great selection for the Saints, who certainly need to improve their defense.

Houston then took USC LB Brian Cushing. That's two picks in a row that I successfully predicted. Hurray for me! Cushing fills a need for the Texans, who are so close to turning the corner and being a contender.